Rich Mushroom Soup
Warm and filling, this rick mushroom soup is creamy and full of flavour
- 1/2 Large onion diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200 g Oyster mushrooms Keep 2 or 3 pretty ones for serving, roughly chop the rest
- 200 g Miniture King Oyster mushrooms Keep 2 or 3 pretty ones for serving, roughly chop the rest
- 200 g Champignon mushrooms Keep 1 to slice for serving, roughly chop the rest
- 3 cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Small potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Water to cover
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 handful dill chopped fine
Fry the onions in olive oil until translucent
Add the mushrooms and fry until browned
Add the garlic, stir and then put them in to a pot
Add the chicken broth, potatoes and then water to cover.
Season well with salt and pepper and let it simmer for about 3 hours on a very low heat.
Blend the soup in a blender or with a stick blender
Add cream and bring it back up to heat.
For the topping
Fry the mushrooms you kept aside in olive oil until brown.
Place the fried mushrooms and finley chopped dill
Optional: Drizzle with olive or truffle oil