Originally I bought the beef to make beef stew but I found myself with time at home and a craving for something spicy.
This recipe is super easy to do. You can get the beef ready the day before and just pop it into the slow cooker the next morning so that you come home to a hearty meal in the evening, too. Like most curries, it freezes well and tastes even better the next day.
Spicy beef curry
- 2 tsp each chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp corriander powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon garlic and ginger paste
- 500 g cubed beef
- 1 tbs oil for frying
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin full water
- Handful fresh corriander
- 1 tbs sour cream/ coconut cream
- Mix all the spices with the oil and the paste and add the beef.
- Coat the beef well and let marinades for at least 1 hour, more if possible.
- In a pot fry the onion in the oil.
- Add the beef and stir fry until browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and a tin full of water (I put the water first in the bowl I marinated the beef in and then into the pot) and bring to the boil
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer until beef is tender.
- Take off the heat when ready to serve and add sour cream and corriander as well as seasoning to taste.
- I served mine with steamed rice and grated cucumber