Surprisingly I am enjoying #veganday. Could be because I am allowed carbs or just because I get to be extra creative. It’s tempting just to have a salad as it is the easiest but even on #veganday everything needs to balance and a whole day with no to little proteins and fat is not ideal.
This recipe is so simple, I did it before going to work. The quinoa cooked while I got ready, the onions I fried when it was done and the stuffing I did at work so that the pepper remained fresh and crisp.
Quinoa stuffed pepper
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbs miso paste
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper
- Cook the quinoa in the vegetable stock until the stock has disappeared and the quinoa is soft
- Take off the heat and add the miso
- In the meantime fry the onions and garlic in the coconut oil.
- Add the aromatics to the quinoa and season to taste.
- Stuff into the pepper just before serving.