I have recommitted. Some might say to the looney bin but for it’s to a lifestyle choice I am trying to turn into a lifestyle. I am on my 3rd Season of 360XBT and I loved the first 2 and this time around Carl has given us “Vets” and Advanced RESET. Somethings are a little more lenient (Kefir and raw dairy allowed) and so much more restrictive in others (no carbs or strarchy veg, fruit or honey)
This time around, when I tell them about this, a lot of people say that it sounds hard because they don’t know how to cook for something like this. That, plus my need to express myself, has spurred me back onto my blog as it is a place where I chose to inspire others, to show that cooking is not hard and in this case cooking with restrictions can be just as fun and tasty.
Chicken poached in veg and miso
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped (or 1 tin chopped tomatoes)
- 2 celery sticks sliced into half moons
- 1 medium green pepper sliced
- 1 tbs miso paste the darker the better
- 4 Chicken breasts on the bone
- Water to cover
- 3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tbs butter yes another one
- Fry the onions, tomatoes, celery and peppers in the butter until soft.
- Add miso and stir
- Place the chicken pieces inside and add water to cover. Stir and lower heat to a simmer.
- Poach the chicken until cooked through and remove from the liquid.
- Add the garlic and increase heat to reduce the liquid.
- Fry the chicken breasts in the butter until browned.
- Serve with your choice of side (mine was steamed broc)