If you follow my fitness and health instagram @projecthilaj then you would have seen this stew 2 months ago. I have had so many people ask me for the recipe that I decided to post it here and just share the link.
You need time or a pressure cooker for this stew and it’s sooo worth it. If you have a slow cooker, this recipe will work beautifully.
Beef and Mushroom stew
- 250 g stewing beef
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-5 grinds pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- olive oil for frying
- 2 litre water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the beef in the spices, salt and pepper. Sear in olive oil.
- Remove from pan.
- In the pan, sauté the mushrooms (no seasoning) until they brown
- Add onions and garlic and continue to sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the veg and the meat to your stewing pot and then add water.
- Bring to the boil and then drop the heat to allow to simmer
- I simmered mine for about 6 hours. Before serving add parsley and taste for added seasoning